Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Little Miss Independent

Brooke is growing at a alarming rate and becoming more independent by the day. Last night as I was feeding her veggies in the high chair she was grabing for her spoon. I put some veggies on her spoon and let her try it herself. She did manage to get what I gave her somewhat near her mouth...but then decided she would have a go at the handle of the spoon. I took it out of her death hold grasp only to have her scold me for taking it away from her....she would not eat anymore after that. She thinks she has to eat everything we are eating (I have to trick her and act like I am dipping her spoon in my bowl so she will eat) I have since stopped eating at the same time as her...its easier. She has to drink out of a water bottle everytime I do and will become very vocal if I do not give her a sip. Just this morning she grabbed my coffee cup and held her mouth open to get a drink of that....I said No Mam Mommy can't share this with you and she fussed but easily got over it. Who knew that at almost 8 months she would be big and independent....I want to keep her little just a while longer. Everyone tells you how fast kids grow up...but I never truly realized until here recently how true that statement is.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I can't believe she is almost 8 months! Josephine wants to hold her own spoon too and she gets it in her mouth but she sticks it too far in and gags herself haha so I don't let her hold it anymore!